Hello! I hope y’all enjoy this weeks Hump Day. I will do an EOTD tomorrow along with the most recent synopsis of GoT (will be caught up!). If those go according to plan, I will kick off my product reviews with Too Faced’s Amazing Face Liquid Foundation on Friday.
Without further ado…
Song of the Week:
I’ve recently been relistening to the Ponyo soundtrack recently, and I am absolutely in love with this song. The singer’s voice is absolutely gorgeous (dat high note!), and you just don’t hear music like this in a children’s movie very often. When I sing opera, I aspire to sound like this.
Video of the Week:
I pretty much DIED laughing when I watched this. I’m pretty sure it’s fake/scripted, but still. It’s great.
Product of the Week:
Plug incoming! My company, Geek Chic Cosmetics, launched our new set of lip balms yesterday called Bio Balms. These lippies are much less pigmented than our glosses and lipsticks, as they are mainly targeted towards those customers of ours that asked for some more ‘wearable’ colors. (What… you don’t want to wear Toxic Unicorn to the office? LOL) They are very nourishing for the lips, and work great as either an overnight lip treatment or shimmery lip balm for during the day.
We’re all very proud of the work we put into it to release it, so if you have a chance, check it out!
- Duke Nukem is out! Seriously! And it’s seriously bad. It’s being panned by critics everywhere, and managed to scrape a 58 on Metacritic somehow. From what I’ve read, it’s clunky, outdated, and the graphics are terrible. Oh well. The Chinese Democracy of video games, I suppose.
- On the other hand, OoT 3D is getting glowing reviews. As it should. I can’t wait to get it, it’s probably the main reason I got my 3DS. (Also, I have every LoZ game <.<) With touched up graphics, better controls, a better inventory system, and option for harder bosses, new master quest… this game is nearing perfection. I’ll probably plow through it in a few days and review it + 3DS.
- I’ve made it into Chapter 2 of The Witcher, and I have to say that I am enjoying it much more than when I started. The story is picking up and getting more interesting, plus I’m having fun collecting all the sex cards… LOL. I am currently on a no buy for video games (made an exception for OoT), so here’s the games I have left to beat before I can buy more: The Witcher, Darksiders, Super Mario Galaxy, Bioshock 1&2, Fable 3 (almost beat), Assassin’s Creed, Half Life 2: Episodes 1&2 (I’ve beat HL2, just not the episodes yet), and the Alan Wake DLC. SIGH.
- I really, really, really want this. Someone make it for me, plz. I would have had Link as the Bishop, and Epona as the Knight… but still.
- At Geek Chic, we have our buy four get one free sale back on due to popular demand, plus we have a ‘color of the month‘ at half price! This month, it’s Solid Snake. One of my personal favorite colors.
- On Steam, Darkspore is 40% off landing it at $29.99 versus $49.99. Also to note, if I think a game looks crappy, I won’t advertise its sale.
- Beauty Ticket got a metric fuckton of Caudalie bath products in stock for some pretty good sales. I haven’t tried them out, so I don’t know how good they are. But it might be worth checking out. Also some stuff from Jurlique. Next time I get paid I’ll probably pick a couple things up.
Any other sales? Let me know!
- Game of Thrones is almost finished… one episode to go! 😦 It’s okay though, because True Blood starts like a week later. And having read the books, I am SO EXCITED FOR THIS SCENE.
Also, don’t forget to watch the trailer. Season four starts on June 26th at 9PM on HBO. WATCH IT. 🙂